Fit & Strong! is a community-based, physical activity program for older adults. As a multi-component, evidence-based program, Fit & Strong! uses flexibility and strength training, aerobic walking, and health education to promote behavior change in people with osteoarthritis.
About the class
Length and timeframe of a workshop:
- Twenty-four (24) class sessions delivered either two or three times per week.
- Each class session is 90 minutes.
- Physical Activity
- Behavioral Health
- Chronic Disease Management
- Falls Prevention
- Pain Management
Benefits of the class
- Improved lower extremity strength
- Improved mobility
- Improved lower extremity pain and function
- Improved anxiety and depression
Who should take the class
Sedentary older adults who are experiencing:
- Lower extremity joint pain
- Other mobility challenges.
All IL Pathways to Health Classes
Take Charge - Live Well